Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (27M) was dumped by a high achiever (27F) and its destroyed my self esteem.

So I dated this amazing woman for a few months, she has her Master's Degree in something she is extremely passionate about and is working for an amazing cause that brings her joy each day at work. She has her (stuff) completely together and even published a book! On top of that, she has her personal life outside of work totally figured out.

Myself on the other hand, I got myself a two year diploma I do not care for anymore, I work in a pretty cushy job with high pay and benefits but it brings me no joy and I can't see myself moving further in this field.

When she dumped me, I for some reason have been obsessed with how successful she is, she must have gotten her Master's by 24 and is now living it up and happy with excellent work:life balance where she gets to help people and make a difference. I on the other hand am completely destroyed not only by the breakup and losing someone that I was falling in love with but am now totally unsatisfied with my lifestyle and direction. I feel stupid in comparison. I was always an underachiever in school but happened to be good at computers so I found a job in that, but now I honestly despise computers, looking at a screen all day.

What should I do? I wish I never dated someone so darn successful, it's totally messed up my perception of myself.

tl:dr - my ex dumping me and being super-duper successful and me being just sorta-successful has ruined my self esteem



Submitted December 06, 2019 at 03:36PM by WentAndThrewItAway https://ift.tt/2sVG0XH
I (27M) was dumped by a high achiever (27F) and its destroyed my self esteem. I (27M) was dumped by a high achiever (27F) and its destroyed my self esteem. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 06, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.