Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (30f) dodge my rude aunt’s (55f) questions at family events?

My aunt is well known in my family for asking prying questions and making rude jokes.

For example, when my sister turned 16 she pointed out in front of my entire family (grandparents included) that my sister was getting boobs.

On another occasion, in front of my entire family, she asked my other sister why didn’t have a boyfriend yet and if she was a lesbian. It caused my sister to cry. My mom told my aunt to back off, and my aunt also started crying.

She always seems astonished when other people find her comments upsetting. I have to see her at several events a year and always get anxiety ahead of time.

Her husband ignores her comments. The rest of my family still has no idea how to handle it and they find it frustrating. If anyone says anything to her she acts like we can’t take a joke and are the rude ones.

Does anyone have any advice on how to reply? I’m expecting her to ask me about why I haven’t had kids yet and why my husband couldn’t come to Christmas this year (he had to go to his parents).

If I ignore her she keeps going (asking repeatedly). If I say something snarky back to her she acts offended and I feel bad after. It’s a no win situation!

Tl;dr My aunt makes rude comments, picking at people’s flaws (or things she perceived as flaws). She acts like it’s a joke and gets offended if we say anything. How can this be handled?



Submitted December 22, 2019 at 02:19PM by fleecefiredog https://ift.tt/2MiyNaD
How do I (30f) dodge my rude aunt’s (55f) questions at family events? How do I (30f) dodge my rude aunt’s (55f) questions at family events? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 22, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.