Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Do I tell my new fiancé that I thing my engagement ring is too much?

Just hear me out.

I am f30 he is m40.

We have been together for 3 years and I am so in love with this man. We fought through long distance and rocky times and family drama and we have earned this happy time. He proposed about a week ago and I said YES of course!

There is only one problem... he’s been married once before and it didn’t work out. I think he wants to do everything bigger and better for me. His ex was a sweet girl, and the ring he got for her was modest and practical, a typical engagement ring.

I think he felt the need to show me our marriage will be different through his jewelry choice... this puppy is absolutely ludicrous. It looks like it belongs in the Queens collection.... or a rap video.

Please don’t get me wrong. I am so grateful. I know he must have saved and spent more than I care to think about on this ring for me. I know what he is trying to say with it. I didn’t need a diamond. I didn’t even need a ring. I just want him.

I lead a very active lifestyle. I’m bringing two children into our relationship and we want another. I garden and do martial arts and paint rooms in our house when I’m bored. The only piece of jewelry I’ve owned in years is a piece of carved jade on a piece of leather I wear as a necklace.

I just keep getting the bloody thing snagged on clothes and my son complained that it has scratched him. I’m afraid I’m going to lose it when I take it off to go to jiu jitsu. I travel around the world for work and wearing my weight in diamonds on my hand will make me a target in the wrong places.

I just don’t know how to have his conversation with him without hurting his feelings... I could wear it for parties and holidays, but not on a daily basis. He’s so proud of it...

TLDR: My sweet man proposed with a ring that is completely incompatible with my lifestyle. He’s very proud of it and I don’t know how to tell him that I can’t wear it everyday for the rest of my life.



Submitted November 10, 2019 at 09:44AM by twiggyleaflady https://ift.tt/2q1wVex
Do I tell my new fiancé that I thing my engagement ring is too much? Do I tell my new fiancé that I thing my engagement ring is too much? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 10, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.