Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (34M) wife (33F) has turned into an unpleasant workaholic and gym addict and it's making my life very difficult and depressing

I love my wife, she isn't generally unpleasant to me, but to most people she is.

She's lost pretty much all her friends. Her only friends right now are guys who obviously want to sleep with her. Normally, I'd be jealous or tell her I want her to stop talking to them, but she literally has no other friends.

She's a spoilt brat to her parents. Intentionally, because they paid for his college education but not hers. Now honestly, this is her brothers fault because he's 36 and never been meaningfully employed because he too has an even worse temperament than her.

As such her parents got stuck with his student loan and couldn't pay hers.

I get she's pissed but she treats her parents like shit and it's often embarrassing.

All her friends, literally all of them aren't close to her, don't invite her places and exclude her.

I tell her it's because they're jealous of her financial success and gym body (also plastics surgery enhanced too). But the truth is, she's not fun. She's constantly correcting them, or talking about things like 'money isn't everything, experiences are' which makes me rolls my eyes because the last time we went out when it wasn't a vacation was last year.

And the reason is, she's never got the time. She's a freelance developer doing mainly front end UI/UX stuff, not rocket science but it pays a lot. She makes roughly $300-500 a day doing this. Also she's gym obsessed, now I go 3-4 times a week.

But I prioritize work/family/her over gym. With her, if I wanted to go see a movie but she has gym, well that's not happening.

There's been so many things I've wanted to do, but can't.

Last year I got fed up, and went out a few times with some friends.

Well I never heard the end of it because apparently I'm having fun while she's 'working' saving for us (honestly, I make more than her but I'm not competing or using it to make her feel guilty).

I just want to have a normal relaxing life where I can enjoy things with or without her guilt free.

She only wants to do things when we've planned some expensive vacation, which might be once twice a year.

Tonight, I left work late and walked to a nearby place where I saw there was a good festival and it looked wonderful and fun.

I texted her and sent her a pic, she said it looked fun and asked when it's finished. I told her it ends on Sunday.

She instantly replied "I can't make it any day before, you knew that. Why are you so inconsiderate of my schedule".

The thing is, I know the client she's working for, this guy is in no rush (he's far from ready to start pushing his product), she'll make the same money regardless as she has no other jobs right now.

Yet I'm being inconsiderate.

I'm so angry at her. I just want to fucking enjoy life and not have it pass by.

Last year, I begged and told her how much I just need the simple things in life. Going to watch a football game, drinking with friends. For one month she let me. Until the guilt tripping started.

She'll often say things like football is so boring, people who watch it must be easily entertained. Or say things like, people who go out drink must be so empty and bored, it's probably because they're depressed and trying to ease their sorrows.

She's always kinda been like this but over time it's gotten worse.

Tldr; Wife only seems to want to work and go gym. She never wants to go out to casually hang out with me or friends ever. And if she does, I have to be guilted afterwards with her saying she wasted so much time or was so bored. If I go without her it's even worse because now I'm out having fun while she's working.



Submitted July 31, 2019 at 06:01PM by MoreDate https://ift.tt/33dzCbU
My (34M) wife (33F) has turned into an unpleasant workaholic and gym addict and it's making my life very difficult and depressing My (34M) wife (33F) has turned into an unpleasant workaholic and gym addict and it's making my life very difficult and depressing Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.