Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [24f] moved away from home to join my husband [26m] in his home country. My parents [61&63fm] are always fearful that I am being abused or held against my will. How can I show them they do not need to worry?

I am from a European country. When I was 20 I travelled to Germany to attend school.

While there I met my husband, an American in Germany for military reasons. We dated for almost three years and I was very much in love with him as his time to go home came.

At his offer, I accepted his proposal, and we married. He made sure I knew that he would be going back to America, and he would expect me to come if we were married, and I accepted this.

My parents were very concerned. My husband, then boyfriend travelled to my country twice to meet them, and I felt it went well. More time with them would have been more ideal but was not possible.

All the same, after speaking to me my parents supported the marriage.

I moved to America with my husband six months ago. It has been a very different experience, but my husband has been quite wonderful and I am very happy.

But my parents have gotten very worried since I moved and I feel bad for making them worry.

We talk online at least every week, or more. Every week they will ask me "Does he treat you well?" "Does he keep you from having money?" "Does he prevent you from leaving"

And I always promise them he is a good husband and he treats me well and makes sure I have what I need and he got me a car so he is doing the opposite of confining me.

My parents tut and always remind me to tell them as soon as possible if it changes and act like they are unsure if to believe me.

And a month ago my uncle had to come to America for unrelated reasons and contacted me to ask if he could make a side trip to our home. I was very excited and my uncle visited and we all had a good time.

But while my husband was at work my uncle got very serious and told me my father asked him to make the trip and visit me to check-in. He asked me if there is anything I need to tell him without my husband around.

I promised him no and it was done. But my parents worry so, and I feel guilty for making them. Their health is not great and constant worry is not good for them.

How can I show them that my husband is a good husband and not an evil man they fear?

I would very much like them to ease. How can I help them see I am in no danger here?

TL;DR: My parents always worry for me since I moved to America with my husband. The worry is not good for them and I feel guilty for causing it. How do I help them feel better?



Submitted May 31, 2019 at 07:25PM by FalseBid7 http://bit.ly/2W1mlOM
I [24f] moved away from home to join my husband [26m] in his home country. My parents [61&63fm] are always fearful that I am being abused or held against my will. How can I show them they do not need to worry? I [24f] moved away from home to join my husband [26m] in his home country. My parents [61&63fm] are always fearful that I am being abused or held against my will. How can I show them they do not need to worry? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.