Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (28m) wants me (22f) to take down an "embarrassing" and "ugly" Instagram picture that got very popular

My boyfriend is really into Instagram, he is a personal trainer / life coach and he gets a lot of clients through social media, plus some brand deals. We have each other's pages linked in our bio's, as boyfriend and girlfriend, but I'm not as intense about IG as he is. He occasionally asks me to post something, I guess me being on there is a part of his image, and I just post something I have queued up. I just post nature and workout related stuff occasionally. I generally don't post pictures of my face or body, it's just not the type of photography I enjoy. I like taking pictures of the woods, animals, or other people, better. This will be important later on.

I do krav maga, and sometimes the gym owner will take candid pictures of the classes for the gym's social media pages. I noticed after looking through them that I have a tendancy to make funny faces when I'm totally in the zone. Especially if I'm gasping for breath or grimacing from getting hit, or trying really hard to focus on something and kinda screwing my face up.

I thought that was funny, I didn't feel all that self conscious about it. I know I've got a pretty expressive face in general so it wasn't too surprising. And I thought it would be funny to crop close around my face in each picture and make a collage of my funny faces for my Instagram. They weren't cute or attractive at all, but I thought they might make my friends laugh.

I posted it on Instagram with the caption "Krav Maga Checklist... Gym clothes. Water bottle. Gloves. WAR FACE 😠😠😠." And a couple hashtags... It turned out to be my most liked post ever, by far. It went way beyond entertaining my friends, a lot of new people followed me. It went kind of viral.

I'd not given it too much thought, but then my boyfriend texted me to ask what the fuck I'd posted the day before. I was like "uhh just the funny faces I've been caught making at the gym" He asked me to take it down, it was embarrassing and ugly and it was affecting his "brand" which I found ridiculous, I don't figure anyone cares about his brand enough to insta stalk his girlfriend, and find one silly picture collage, and judge him on that. He got really irritated that I thought nobody would.

I asked why the picture was that embarrassing anyway, loads of people liked it and probably thought it was funny. He said it was ugly and embarrassing and just weird that I'd collect the worst possible pictures of myself, and put them out for the world to see. I was just like "hey that's just what my face looks like sometimes, I'm not gonna be embarrassed of my own damn face"

So... I still have the picture up, my boyfriend is still not a fan of that. I feel a little crappy that he thinks it's embarrassing. And I don't know how to explain that to him because I don't really even know why it bothers me so much. Does he have a point that my post would somehow hurt his brand? Should I get over myself and not feel so weird about this disagreement?

tldr ; boyfriend told me to take down an "embarrassing" IG picture and I feel weird about it



Submitted March 01, 2019 at 07:14AM by pennsylvaniamoosema https://ift.tt/2IYOOnh
My boyfriend (28m) wants me (22f) to take down an "embarrassing" and "ugly" Instagram picture that got very popular My boyfriend (28m) wants me (22f) to take down an "embarrassing" and "ugly" Instagram picture that got very popular Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.