Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [29F] can't seem to make long term friendships since graduating college... what can I do?

So kind of looking for advice here.

I'm a pretty introverted individual. I mostly enjoy keeping to myself but then occasionally get lonely.

Because I tend to keep to myself, since I graduated college, I don't keep relationships up with people. My best friend [31F] moved far away from me for work so we don't get to hang out anymore. We don't text much anymore either. I'm usually the person that reaches out and initiates conversations with her but I'm a little exhausted having to do that all the time. When I was in college, it was easy to meet people. Classes, sitting in the student center, hanging in the green, but...now that I've graduated, I'm stuck in this routine of waking up, going to work, coming home. And it's all I do. I don't have any girlfriends to hang out with after work, or get coffee or go shopping with on the weekends. Nothing.

I tried going to a meet-up for a hobby I was interested in, and ended up having a not great time because everyone at this meet-up had already met at previous meet-ups and were already close. So I felt like the odd-one out. So of course I didn't get any numbers from anyone or any requests to hang out again another time. I've considered going back to Church as a way to meet people. I'm a religious person but haven't gone in a while...

Anyway. I just don't know what to do. Do you have any suggestions for a shy, fairly young adult looking to make life long friends after college?

tl;dr: I'm a shy, introverted 29 year old female that is longing for the Netflix movie type of long term friendships and scared that I'll never make them again.



Submitted March 29, 2019 at 12:59PM by nanobubble https://ift.tt/2HNC4OU
I [29F] can't seem to make long term friendships since graduating college... what can I do? I [29F] can't seem to make long term friendships since graduating college... what can I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.