Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28) have never met my husbands (34) parent and my therapist thinks its not normal

I got married a few years ago and he has never been close with his family. His mother has passed away so it's only his father and siblings. They call him every now and then but he ignores them and doesn't want to talk about them, so I really never persisted in asking why he doesn't want to talk to them or visit them often.

Now I know it's not very common to not even know your husband's parent but I wasn't bothered by it since we haven't really had any issues in our relationships. I love him very much and I'm sure that he loves me too.

I have been going to a therapist since I have depression but before the end of my last session she asked me about my husband and his family so I mentioned that I've never met them. She made a weird face and told me that how could I be with someone for over half a decade and not know about his family. She seemed to want me to talk about it but it was already time to leave so we didn't and I'm expecting her to ask me about this the next time I go. Is it that strange to not care about his family? I don't feel the need to get accepted by his family since we live on our own and do just fine.

Tldr: I've never met my husband's family but I'm ok with it, not sure if I should be worried.



Submitted December 28, 2018 at 01:49PM by Automationx http://bit.ly/2rZ4yuQ
I (28) have never met my husbands (34) parent and my therapist thinks its not normal I (28) have never met my husbands (34) parent and my therapist thinks its not normal Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.