Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24F) don’t want to be with my husband (27M) anymore and my family wants to cut me off.

My husband and I have been married for almost two years, together almost 3. We got married quite quickly (in my opinion) due to religious pressures and “love”. He is a great guy overall but due to my own personal issues, needs and wants I don’t wish to continue this relationship. There was a lot of smaller issues over the years and a few bigger ones. To name a few;

I’ve always had a problem with how much he drinks when he does drink (to the point of obliteration and being in unsafe Situations).

I always felt like his mother and would have to constantly tell me him what to do when it comes to the house, his finances (which he didn’t start to take seriously until I made a relationship ending ultimatum.)

He put me down and discouraged me from going to school telling me and our friends my program is easy and a joke and that he didn’t want me to go to school so we could go on trips with our friends. He rejected couples counselling the numerous times I’ve asked him. And says that he didn’t know how unhappy I was because I never day him down and talked about it. But when I did try to talk to him he was always too tired for a serious conversation.

This all came to a head a couple months ago when I told him I was done. He says he is completely blinded sided and devastated. He has made a lot of changes I have always wanted but my heart isn’t in it anymore and I honestly resent him at this point.

That being said I’ve always not been perfect. I’m impatient, bad at compromise, bad at communicating (according to him).

Since I told him I was done I’ve developed a friendship (with flirting) with another guy and when he found out about that he got very angry and said because of this distraction I wasn’t able to give our relationship a fair shot. The reality is I was already out. I told him initially there wasn’t a chance and I want out, I’m not happy.

Now, he has told my family the whole situation and my mom messaged me saying if I go through with this she is not my mother anymore. My sister (who’s house we are renting for a good price) has said if I don’t try and fix it I can’t live there anymore. His mom sends me messages saying they’re crying and upset.

I don’t know what to do. I’m not happy and I haven’t been in this relationship for at least the past year. Now that he is trying everyone is against me ending it saying I should give him a chance but the reality is I simply don’t want to.. why does everyone else’s happiness trumps mine? I feel like all the effort I have put into the last year of this one sided relationship don’t matter but now that he is trying I should be so happy he loves me so much.

tldr: due to issues in our relationship I don’t want to confirm it but our families are very upset and want to cut me off..



Submitted April 30, 2023 at 03:15PM by loveeee201999 https://ift.tt/wHOMy5L
I (24F) don’t want to be with my husband (27M) anymore and my family wants to cut me off. I (24F) don’t want to be with my husband (27M) anymore and my family wants to cut me off. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.