Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband [37M] lied to me about something he fed me [33F] and I have medical issues plus sensitive stomach

Typing this after a sad, sad date night with my spouse last week. Our marriage was already feeling rocky the past few months; lots of work, not seeing eachother much, tons of verbal disputes when we see eachother and we have a 3 year old together.

Were out at dinner for a much needed date night recently. Went to a favorite food court since we both eat very different foods.

Plus I got diagnosed with a liver condition and a short lived but severe infection in my intestines about 2 months ago after a sting in the ER for abdominal pain. Ever since, I’ve been careful about what I eat and have stuck with a strict diet and have had a low tolerance for foods outside that diet (my stomach just becomes really painful and I unwillingly fast for a long time afterwards).

So, this date night was a treat because I had a very lean cut of beef in my vegetable soup.

My husband offered me a chunk of what he said was lean steak from his plate. I didn’t grow up eating red meat, which he knows, so I don’t have a keen eye for differences in cuts.

I eat the piece of meat, which tasted odd but I blamed my tastebuds. I feel a little unsettled and then I assume he picked up on that and smiled saying “that was beef tongue”.

I felt instantly sad, disgusted, and lied to. We’ve been together for years and he knows that even before my stomach issues that I’m not an adventurous eater and I hate surprises.

My stomach felt tight, I got dizzy and I rushed to the nearest bathroom and threw up. Then I walked outside to get some fresh air.

My husband is not very mature and I feel like this incident put a nail in it. He stayed at our dinner table and continued his meal. I got an “are you ok?” Text and just let him know I was at the car and had just puked and to never do that again.

He took a while to come back To the car and then we just rode silently home, cutting our date short because I just had that gross-after-barf-feeling and didnt want to be out with him.

I later explained to him that this was way out of my zone and not new info about me for him. He said he didn’t feel like it was a big deal. Haven’t been speaking much since.

Now I’m up contemplating our marriage and just feeling like I’m married to a preteen boy who tried to feed a girl a bug. Just feel like I’m wasting my time in this marriage but don’t want out for the sake of our kid (yes cliche, but I feel I need time to strategize an exit to prioritize our kid first).

What would you do in this situation?

TLDR/ marriage already on the rocks and husband fed me beef tongue on a date and lied about it even after knowing I have a sensitive stomach and hate new foods



Submitted April 30, 2023 at 07:34PM by iamnotawolfdammit https://ift.tt/YoXQb5n
Husband [37M] lied to me about something he fed me [33F] and I have medical issues plus sensitive stomach Husband [37M] lied to me about something he fed me [33F] and I have medical issues plus sensitive stomach Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.