Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girlfriend (23f) annoyed/angry that I (25m) expected her to reimburse me for money I lost

My partner and I have been together for around 1 year. I know she suffers with anxiety and it's something I knew about before we got together. We had planned a holiday abroad that I was really looking forward to since it would be my first time I have been abroad since I was 5 years old.

The holiday wasn't cheap and cost us nearly £800 each but we both agreed it was worth it since the hotel and location looked amazing. A few weeks before going my gf said she felt anxious telling her parents she's going away since they're struggling financially. I tried explaining that even if she didn't go away, she wouldn't have gave her parents the money she spent on the holiday anyway and that they'll be happy she's going on holiday and enjoying herself. She agreed but still put off telling her parents.

The night before the holiday she said she couldn't do it and that she felt too anxious telling her parents. I tried explaining she's an adult so doesn't need her parents permission to do anything and that we've both been looking forward to the holiday. She again refused and said the holiday was cancelled. I was angry since she knew how much I had been looking forward to going. She kept apologising and I just told her I want the money I've spent on the holiday. She asked what I meant and I told her I expected her to reimburse me for the money that I have lost because of her actions.

She said I was being unreasonable and that I'm judging her for having anxiety and I just repeated I wanted the £800 since it's her fault the holiday is not going ahead. Does anyone have any advice?

tl;dr me and my gf paid £800 each for a holiday that she cancelled last minute but got annoyed when I told her I expected her to pay me the money I had lost. Does anyone have any advice?



Submitted April 22, 2023 at 02:18AM by FreshLiving8636 https://ift.tt/bWgKQq6
Girlfriend (23f) annoyed/angry that I (25m) expected her to reimburse me for money I lost Girlfriend (23f) annoyed/angry that I (25m) expected her to reimburse me for money I lost Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 22, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.