Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Does anyone else feel anxious when visiting parents house?

Does anyone else feel anxiety about going to parents house?

My parents are very judgmental and I am so uptight when I go to visit because I feel like they are judging everything I do and say. When I’m there they have to point out a minimum of at least 3 things that I’m doing wrong and I know when I leave they will talk about those things and find more stuff wrong that I did. Besides that my mom is always cleaning the house and is mostly disgruntled and complaining about how nobody helps out. (My mom has an OCD with cleaning and cleans non stop)

My siblings still live at home and today I stopped by to pick something up the mood in the house was very uncomfortable and took me right back to childhood. My mom was yelling at my siblings that they never help with cleaning the patio and everyone just silently agreed to help out because they don’t want her to keep yelling. I immediately got my item and quickly said goodbye.

I came across a video early in the week saying how this person still lived at home at 30 because she likes her parents and I was kind of jealous because I feel like that could never be an option for me. I feel like if I had to live at home again my mental health would suffer a lot as it did when I was younger.

For more context I am 28 and have 2 children and my own family. My parents are 52F and 60M. My siblings are 14F and 30M.

Does anyone else feel this way when they visit their parents? I literally have to take a shot of alcohol before going in because I’m so on edge when visiting home.

TLDR: I feel uptight when visiting my parents because I know my parents are going to judge me and my mom will be in a bad mood due to always cleaning



Submitted April 24, 2023 at 05:00PM by swirl_pop https://ift.tt/ySuXKPw
Does anyone else feel anxious when visiting parents house? Does anyone else feel anxious when visiting parents house? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 25, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.