Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (34 f) feel bad for letting someone (36 m)repairing my car on what I think is a misunderstanding

My car window is broken. I was discussing this with an acquaintance during a get together at some friend’s place. This guy is single and I was too. I was however never interested and he seemed to be. I still enjoyed talking to him while being with everyone.

When I said my car window is broken he offered to repair it. It was unexpected and I said I would pay him for this but he refused telling me a coffee would be enough. In my mind at this point I figured we would drink this coffee in a social setting.

Today was the day to repair the car, but since it was raining we did not know if we were going to do the work or not. He told me he would come over and figure it out once here. Once he arrived I felt awkward and invited him for a coffee in the city as I don’t have any at home. But this started to sound like a date and I started to feel like I’m forcing myself to be with him. I did not enjoy the conversation so much in this setting.

Tomorrow we have to meet again to actually repair the car but the whole thing makes me feel uncomfortable. I don’t want to take advantage of him and I don’t want to make him feel like I don’t enjoy his presence and at the same time I can’t help but feeling uncomfortable.

I’m not sure how to handle this situation, I guess it’s better to let him do the work as cancelling it right now would make him feel uncomfortable. He also never said a thing to me so it’s not like I can go to him and say I’m not interested.

I wish I just asked him to do the repair in a social setting to avoid any ambiguity but this would have sounded strange too, like I’m avoiding him.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Is it just better to pretend I haven’t felt he could have some interest in me?

Tdlr: I feel uncomfortable letting a guy repair my car on what I think is a misunderstanding



Submitted April 23, 2023 at 02:58PM by UsualConstruction967 https://ift.tt/1jZOPQ5
I (34 f) feel bad for letting someone (36 m)repairing my car on what I think is a misunderstanding I (34 f) feel bad for letting someone (36 m)repairing my car on what I think is a misunderstanding Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 24, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.