Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How should I (28M) handle a friend (28M) growing distant?

I used to go out with a friend of mine all the time. He would take me out on weekends, call me regularly and tell me if he was ever in the worst situation possible he thought I would always be there for him. I thought I’d finally found an awesome friend, after years of struggling in this area.

However, now that I think about it, this happened when he was going through a tough time, wanted to change friends and had broken up with his girlfriend. I think he only took me out (to Spanish/ Latin themed parties and clubs rather than anywhere else) because he was trying to get a girlfriend from that ethnic background. Since getting that girlfriend and making many new friends (mainly connected to her), he has grown very distant from me. He doesn’t return my calls for at least a week even when I’m having a hard time, declines opportunities to hang out except for maybe an occasional lunch or breakfast or when he needs an extra person for something and now my weekends are spent single and alone. He also recently called me as a backup person when someone dropped out of an event he organised, but lied prior to that and said someone else was organising the event and he had a free ticket. He also made some hurtful comments about me (such as my personality) and made me feel bad.

I feel like I was just a friend of convenience. Is there anything I can do about this situation to try to restore the friendship?

TL;DR! This is a post about a friend growing distant after entering a relationship.



Submitted April 27, 2023 at 11:44PM by ThrowRA-hippos https://ift.tt/2pB9JHR
How should I (28M) handle a friend (28M) growing distant? How should I (28M) handle a friend (28M) growing distant? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 28, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.