Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25 M) am applying for grad schools and it’s stressing me out about my relationship with my boyfriend (34 M) :(

Hi everyone!

So im applying to grad school programs (online) and in my field I’ll have to work 2 days a week at an internship for free for a year. This means that I won’t be making as much money at my full-time job since instead of 40 hours I’ll only be able to work 24. I will make significantly less and I already don’t make much. He makes nearly 3x what I make right now. Basically, I have the option of moving an hour away back to my hometown and doing the internship there and staying with my parents for free… or my boyfriend can let me pay significantly less in rent and expect to support me a bit since I won’t be making much money. The program is a year btw.

Long story short I just had this conversation with my boyfriend (we’ve been together for a year) and he’s just not sure yet about taking on that responsibility or commitment before marriage (which is absolutely completely 100% valid and understandable) and the thought of us breaking up is killing me. I kind of don’t expect him to do it and I’d feel kind of bad if he did. Like do I even want my masters even though I’ll make a lot more money? Idk. I’m just really stressed and sad and idk. Can somebody give me advice or words of encouragement? I’m feeling really depressed and melancholy right now.

Tl;dr: I’m going to grad school and I might have to move out of his house and back home for financial reasons and it’s stressing me out because I don’t want my relationship with my boyfriend of a year to end.



Submitted April 20, 2023 at 06:43PM by jselll https://ift.tt/v9utJ7R
I (25 M) am applying for grad schools and it’s stressing me out about my relationship with my boyfriend (34 M) :( I (25 M) am applying for grad schools and it’s stressing me out about my relationship with my boyfriend (34 M) :( Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 21, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.