Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend (26F) slapped me after I (26M) brought up talk over a prenup. How to move forward after this?

So some background, my girlfriend and I have been now together for around if have to estimate around 1.75 years now. It has gone well, and honestly we click and I love her company and love her as well.

Recently, things have to started to heat up on her end about taking things to next level and thinking about getting engaged and married. Just another clarifying point, even though we are hella Americanized, we come from Asian roots, so some things we keep up to tradition, like marriage talks are a little different, even though everything else pretty normal.

I started my career 1.5 - 2 years ago, and it picked up really quickly and I got really blessed, and currently am doing really well for myself. With that in mind and because I am doing better than my girlfriend right now financially, I pick up all the bills and relationship finances we currently have, and I do it happily.

However, recently with my dad seeing how serious this relationship is getting and also a bunch of my older cousins and friends, they starting to put in my head that I may need a prenup if do take our relationship to the next level to protect myself. I truly am not financially savvy at all, so I literally never thought about this and am just absorbing info.

I then talked to my girlfriend to get a better idea of her finances after this talk, and she said has like some pretty big student loan debt and makes like 75k. As you can see the fact I asked almost 2 years later means that I literally never cared before that. So a day passed and then I randomly brought up a prenup and said because we both are serious about taking this to the next level would you be open for a prenup just for protection purposes, even though I trust you so much.

Things really started to unwind after that, and I was in totally new territory. First she just looked out the window and then she started to tear up, and then she started bawling crying. I usually never been in this type of situation with her, so I ask her what’s wrong and she freaks out saying she was with me when I had no money and I can’t believe I would bring this up. I said I do trust her but some people in my life and family said it would be smart. She then literally slapped the hell out of me and ran out of the car. I tried to chase after her but she was long gone.

A day passed and she called me on the phone normally, but as I brought up what happened she started bawling crying again, saying I can’t believe after everything we have been through I would ask for this, starting cursing me out, and now I haven’t heard from her for 2 days.

I truly don’t understand what’s going on and I wouldn’t have brought this up if I knew it would escalate like this. Am I really in the wrong here? After getting slapped I really don’t know how I feel currently about her. I feel totally lost and confused.

To clarify to get a better idea of financials: I make like 220k salary I just inherited like 500k from my grandfathers death No debt

My girlfriend makes 75k And she has like I think a 100k+ in debt.

I don’t really mind helping her pay it off, her debt, and paying much in the relationship but now I don’t know if this is a red flag.

tl;dr Girlfriend slapped over bringing up a prenup after discussion with friends family, haven’t heard from her.



Submitted April 19, 2023 at 10:04PM by Significant_Put_6754 https://ift.tt/lRCaDHz
My girlfriend (26F) slapped me after I (26M) brought up talk over a prenup. How to move forward after this? My girlfriend (26F) slapped me after I (26M) brought up talk over a prenup. How to move forward after this? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 20, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.