Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Partner doesn’t want to share “her” office

I’ve been with my (30f) partner (42f) for 4.5 years. We have lived in a 3 bedroom apartment for 3 years of that with my 8 year old (who we coparent) and her adult daughter (21).

About a year ago her adult daughter moved out and my partner started working full time out of her old bedroom. I work a hybrid schedule and have always worked my at home days at a desk in our bedroom or just on the couch.

My partner got laid off last month. For the last two weeks I’ve been pursuing an opportunity with a new company. I would work full time from home. The hours would be 4am-noon.

I expressed to my partner that I would like to move the second desk into the office (it’s a huge room with plenty of space) but she pushed back. She suggested that she will probably find another job soon and that she didn’t want to share an office space (though she might not find another fully remote job). She thinks that spending SO much time together every day would be too much for her, she likes to work alone with few interruptions.

I would just work in the bedroom, but I would need light and it would probably disturb her to have me up and down and moving around the room with the light on at 4 am. She didn’t really like that either but acted like that was a better choice.

I feel like it’s not fair for her to just “own” the office when she doesn’t even have a job right now. We pay equal share of rent.

Am I being unreasonable to want to use the space?

TLDR laid off partner doesn’t want to share office, despite being unemployed. Is it unreasonable to want to use the space?



Submitted November 07, 2022 at 09:08PM by Classic_Sock6163 https://ift.tt/aMUuclq
Partner doesn’t want to share “her” office Partner doesn’t want to share “her” office Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 08, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.