Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [19F] boyfriend [19M] doesn't understand I need to study for finals.

TL;DR. It's finals week, and I need to maintain average grades. We just started dating last week and I try to make time out of the weekend to hang out for, at least, a couple of hours. I tried to compromise a few times and study with him, but I don't retain a lot of information that way. I eventually have to go back home and study alone. He gets super sad and passive-aggressive but I don't know how to fix this. What should I do?

SUMMARY I ended last semester with a terrible GPA, for uncontrollable reasons. I want to show my advisor I have the ability to step it up and make good grades. I met this guy in one of my classes and he would come over from time to time to watch movies, or just hang out. A few months later, a week before finals, he asked me out and we became a couple.

I've told him multiple times before that I study alone the best. I can work with other people for review, but to retain new information and memorize most things, I need to be alone. I did try to make the most of the weekend before finals and we hung out for three days together. However, it's time to get serious and I need to start studying. I don't close off all contact and we do text a majority of the day while I study. Recently, he keeps telling me I could study at his place or mine together. So, I just say, "No, remember I can't study with other people." He gets super quiet and acts rather upset about it. So, I tried to compromise today and go to the library with him to study. However, all the information was just... going in one ear and out the other. He was also doing certain things in hopes to get my attention, like squishing an empty can and looking at me.

At some point, I said that I needed to go back home and study myself, that I was sorry we couldn't study together. He pouted on the way back and wouldn't keep any conversation I tried to initiate. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you for coming this far to help out.



Submitted May 01, 2022 at 05:48PM by vitaebellus https://ift.tt/exQ2Hh5
My [19F] boyfriend [19M] doesn't understand I need to study for finals. My [19F] boyfriend [19M] doesn't understand I need to study for finals. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 02, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.