Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [29M] girlfriend [28F] tends to quote entire interactions, which tires me out listening

We have been together for about 3 years now. We barely argue about things and if we do, we resolve it quite quickly. It's also good to know that we tend to do our thing during the day and if we want to spend time together, we tell the other.

I'd like some advice on the following: my girlfriend spends a lot of time on her studies, which go great! She made some good friends so far and has a lot of fun. All good! It's good to know that she is on the autistic spectrum.

However, I've noticed a quirks which I have trouble dealing with. Sometimes weird things happen, which she finds funny. She wants to share the funny interaction with me, which I appreciate! However, to get the fun part across, she tends to want to describe and quote everything in severe detail.

During the day I tend to listen a lot for my job and I find long-winded stories draining to listen to. Especially if the story is meant to bring a point across and it keeps on going to add more to the situation.

I've tried before to explain that I have trouble to keep paying attention. She didn't take it too well, but she did appreciate me being honest with her. Over the past few months she has gone back into this habit.

What is a good way to handle this?

tl;dr: Girlfriend elaborates a lot on her stories and tends to quote every sentence on what happened. It's a very tiring listening experience for me. What can I do to handle this better?



Submitted November 24, 2021 at 03:41AM by Altruistic-Purple960 https://ift.tt/3I1D6CP
My [29M] girlfriend [28F] tends to quote entire interactions, which tires me out listening My [29M] girlfriend [28F] tends to quote entire interactions, which tires me out listening Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 24, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.