Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25F] boyfriend [26M] is very religious and is mad at me for making him sin.

I recently moved from Canada to Hawaii to teach French. While there, I began looking for a partner and started seeing a Samoan born man a five weeks ago. I have never been religious, but he is a devout Catholic. I decided to be open minded and overlook differences in religion, education level. and income. I didn't realize he was so religious at first, but I eventually found out that he goes to church every Sunday, and considers it important that his future wife do the same with him.

On our first date, we went out on a Saturday night and had sex that night. I found out later that he only has sex on Saturday nights, because he can confess it in church the next morning. Any other time and it's too long between sex and church where he can confess it.

On Sunday night, I convinced him to make an exception and we did it. Afterwards he felt really guilty and prayed for forgiveness. Then he blamed me for causing him to sin and asked me to leave. Since then, today has been the first day since we met that he hasn't texted me.

I'm becoming concerned that this relationship won't last because of his religious beliefs, which I still don't fully understand. I've largely been trying to avoid the subject unless he brings it up, but I'm starting to realize that it may be a serious problem, especially if our relationship becomes more serious.

Should I just break up with him over our religious differences? Should I consider debating him about the subject, or accusing him of hypocrisy for "sinning" on Saturday nights? Can I make this work?

TL;DR - My boyfriend feels guilty about sex and is mad at me for tempting him to do it. Should I continue the relationship, or try to sort things out?



Submitted November 23, 2021 at 12:21AM by Comprehensive_Math56 https://ift.tt/3qZmuFD
My [25F] boyfriend [26M] is very religious and is mad at me for making him sin. My [25F] boyfriend [26M] is very religious and is mad at me for making him sin. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.