Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Advice for boundaries in relationship between platonic friends of opposite gender, ex's, and past FWBs

My (25M) girlfriend (25F) of a few months and I recently had a conversation about boundaries between our platonic friends of opposite genders as well as friends which we have had romantic history with (ex's or FWBs) in the past.

We had come to the agreement that neither of us would hang out alone with friends that we had romantic history with, but weren't sure about the full extent of boundaries with strictly platonic friends of the opposite gender. I told her one boundary I have for myself in relationships is that I don't feel comfortable with my SO sleeping over alone at the same place with a platonic male friend. For example, sleeping at a male friends place alone after a night out drinking. I told her that she could always call me in that situation or I would pay for an uber to get her home. I think that's a reasonable boundary but I'm not sure if it seems controlling.

She seemed fine with that but I'm curious what reddit thinks are normal boundaries in these two scenarios. I know each relationship is different and ultimately comes down to the couple, but I'd like to know different perspectives on boundaries between friends of opposite genders people have had that they feel contributed to a healthy relationship.

Tl;dr

Had a conversation with somewhat new gf and am looking for examples of healthy boundaries regarding hanging out with friends of the opposite gender (both previously romantic & platonic)



Submitted November 20, 2021 at 02:45PM by chocogumdrip44 https://ift.tt/3cPcruB
Advice for boundaries in relationship between platonic friends of opposite gender, ex's, and past FWBs Advice for boundaries in relationship between platonic friends of opposite gender, ex's, and past FWBs Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.