Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is my boyfriend being unrealistic or do my kids need help? Please advise.

Honest Question: How well do your children get along with their siblings?

I (35 f) am having problems navigating the relationship with my boyfriend (36 m) and have an 8 year old daughter and an 11 year old son. I think they get along alright but my kids do tend to bicker a lot especially if my daughter doesn't get her way. She's pretty competitive while he's laid back so he usually gives in, which I've talked to him about and asked him to hold his ground when he knows the outcome was fair.

My bf got upset and says my kids' fighting over senseless things (my daughter lost a game of Uno, started crying quietly and left) is something he's wondering if he can put up with the rest of his life.

Keep in mind, my bf's only parent tragically died just over a month ago and he's in a very vulnerable place. He says he just doesn't want to be in an environment that isn't peaceful and harmonious and wants a problem-free life. This just seems unrealistic and I'm kind of at a loss. Is he just super sensitive right now and needs time to recoup? Are my kids being brats who can't get along and I need to put them in therapy?

We've been together for 16 months and before his mom's death, he did grow tired of the bickering but everything was really solid and he was in the process of moving in. After her death, he retreated for a while and no more plans to move forward. Any kind advice welcome. I love my kids and they're number 1 but I also want a life partner. They're basically star students and have zero problems at school but just tend to get into disagreements probably 1-4 times a day. Some days are tough with them almost hitting each other or calling each other stupid and others they're fine and play together then spend alone time with zero fighting.

TLDR: My kids ages 8 and 11 bicker. Since my boyfriend's mom's death a month ago, he started rethinking our relationship claiming that he needs a peaceful space and isn't sure he can handle a life with problems. Is he overreacting or should I try therapy for my kids?



Submitted May 31, 2021 at 04:12PM by flamazon https://ift.tt/3g2mQUz
Is my boyfriend being unrealistic or do my kids need help? Please advise. Is my boyfriend being unrealistic or do my kids need help? Please advise. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.