Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My older sister (18f) is constantly picking fights with me (15f) for the sake of feeling like she's in control of me

She and I have never gotten along but since she left her "everyone is out to make my life hell" phase, we've gotten along better. Usually we either ignore each other or get along to work on homework. She has diagnosed ocd but Isn't going to counseling or anything for it.

Recently she's started picking fights over nothing. I left a comb and hair dryer on the counter of our bathroom and when she noticed she demanded that I put it away. She's not my mother, she doesn't own our bathroom, she did not ask politely nor did she even try. So I said no.

In retaliation, she went into my room, poured a tube of toothpaste in my bed, took my phone, and locked herself in her room for 4 hours. My mother caved and cleaned the counter for her so she threw my phone at me (trying to hurt me but she missed).

I thought it was just a petty argument but today I woke up to find she had destroyed and thrown away every toiletry I own. Hair brush, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, you name it she made sure I couldn't get my hands on it.

I'm not one for petty arguments. I didn't take away her soaps, I didn't destroy her room, I didn't call my dad to tattle on her, I didn't hit and kick her like she did to me. I'm trying to be mature and handle the situation like adults (as she should be). I've tried going to her and just talking it out, but she just ignores me, hits and kicks me until I leave, or pushes her door closed.

I'm at the end of my wits and hate to get emotional or angry, but I don't know how to get her to stop acting as a child. I can't protect my property from her because there's no locks on doors in our house, I can't protect myself from her because we live together, i can't get her to drop the argument because she won't listen to a word I say. How am I supposed to make her stop acting like this?

Tl;dr: my adult sister is a control freak with clinical ocd, she intentionally poured soap in my bed, stole my phone, attacked me, and threw away every toiletry I own over a petty argument. I don't know how to deal with her and make her calm down. I don't want to act as childishly as she is so I don't want to "take revenge" or reciprocate her actions. What should I do?



Submitted December 02, 2019 at 06:41AM by corycato https://ift.tt/2sFIoSa
My older sister (18f) is constantly picking fights with me (15f) for the sake of feeling like she's in control of me My older sister (18f) is constantly picking fights with me (15f) for the sake of feeling like she's in control of me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.