Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My friend (29F) believes she’ll be a bridesmaid in my (29F) wedding. She won’t. What do I do?

I’ve been friends with a girl, I’ll call her Lydia, since my freshman year of college. We’ve never been “best friends,” I guess, but we’ve gone through periods in the last 10+ years of being close. A normal friendship. When we were in college, I’m sure I probably said to her “you’ll be my bridesmaid one day!” That was years before I met my future husband.

At this point, we text a few times a week. We hang out much less, partially because I disagree with some of her decisions (using cocaine, sleeping with men who are barely old enough to drink, etc). It’s her life, though.

Regardless, Lydia and I aren’t close enough to where I want to make her a bridesmaid. Part of it is her life choices above, part of it is we’re just... not super close.

My fiancé and I only just got engaged, but we’ve been more or less “planning” for the last few months. I plan to send out cute Etsy “will you be my bridesmaid” gifts.

Lydia texts me constantly offering to help me plan the wedding. She even said this morning “well, I’ll definitely go bridesmaid dress shopping because I know what looks best after being in so many weddings the last year.” I more or less have said previously “oh it’s ok, I plan to do XYZTHING with my sister, the MOH,” but now... I feel like she truly believes she’ll be a bridesmaid.

I have no idea how the hell to handle this. Lydia is absolutely the type to be upset that she’s not included. Do I take her out to lunch and say “hey, you won’t be a bridesmaid, love you still”? Do I just hope she gets the message (ugh)? IDK IDK.

TL;DR: a friend of many years believes she will be a bridesmaid in my wedding next year and she keeps offering “bridesmaid” things. She won’t be a bridesmaid. I don’t know how to approach this.



Submitted December 08, 2019 at 06:23PM by notmybridesmaid60 https://ift.tt/38lFVfQ
My friend (29F) believes she’ll be a bridesmaid in my (29F) wedding. She won’t. What do I do? My friend (29F) believes she’ll be a bridesmaid in my (29F) wedding. She won’t. What do I do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 09, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.