Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (36F) Sil (40F) is returning the Christmas gifts I got for my nephew (9M)

TL/DR: Sil wants to return nephew's christmas gifts from me because she doesn't think they are appropriate. I picked them from the wishlist she created.

I'm just looking for some advice as to how to proceed with my sister-in-law.

There's a long history of hurt feelings with my husband's side of the family, and this is just the latest thing. I've spent our entire 10 year marriage trying to win their love and have always wanted to have that "friendship" with my mil and sil that you hear about people having, but have been non-stop rejected. When I try to make conversation they roll their eyes or give each other "knowing looks", or just flat out saying condescending or insulting things to me. In the past two years I've stopped trying and just stay away now. One person I'm not going to stay away from though is my nephew.

There is a long history of them returning gifts I've given him or loudly complaining about the gifts I pick out. Due to this I pushed them to create an Amazon wishlist of approved gifts I could pick from. I thought this solved the problem. I picked out a couple of nerf gun gifts and accessories off his wishlist and paid for gift wrapping and bought them all on Black Friday. They received them today.

Today I get an email from my sil saying that she isn't ok with her son having nerf guns and that they need to all be returned. Apparently he was allowed to add to the wishlist unsupervised and this caused the problem. I asked how she knew what I got him since everything was supposed to be gift wrapped and haven't gotten a response yet. It seems likely she saw the gift was from me, and felt the need to unwrap them to see what it was.

Anywho, I just feel really sad and hurt by this whole thing. Last Christmas we didn't even receive a call from anyone in my husband's family. This was after we sent a card to each household and sent gifts up there. I felt like we were intentionally left out because for what ever reason they don't like me.

I'm not sure how to respond. Just tell her to use the gift receipt to return the items and then just send money? Obviously I'm going to be out the $17 I already paid in gift wrap and this really takes the joy out of giving.



Submitted December 01, 2019 at 11:55AM by Elubatela https://ift.tt/2sA6Kg5
My (36F) Sil (40F) is returning the Christmas gifts I got for my nephew (9M) My (36F) Sil (40F) is returning the Christmas gifts I got for my nephew (9M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.