Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F 30) need to block my friend (M30) due to my concerns - how should I do so?

My friend and I met about 3 years ago. At the very start of our friendship, it looked as though something romantic may happen, but it never did, and I'm now in a happy relationship with someone else, who is moving in two weeks. I won't pretend there isnt something there for this friend, but it's really low level and I love my partner.

About a year ago, he got really drunk and started messaging me telling me that I'm the only one for him, he likes his girlfriend (of about 8 months at the time) but doesn't love her, and that he feels more like her friend - no romantic spark. He kept saying he wants to try to be with me, and that he felt bad being with his girlfriend when he really liked me.

I put it down to him being absolutely wasted, and told him to stop being ridiculous and to stop saying things like that when his girlfriend is the cutest thing alive. He apologised when he sobered up, but then did the same again a week later. I then stopped replying. We didnt speak for about 2 months afterwards - he sent the occasional message but I didnt reply.

We gradually started speaking again, but the feelings he has towards me have started creeping into conversation again, and he's saying I should come see him and get drunk with him - he is saying he would make me up a bed on the couch but I'm not sure his intentions are good!! I'm not comfortable with it, and to be honest, I feel awful for his poor girlfriend - I think hes one of those people who just can't face being single for a while so is just stringing her along because he doesnt want to be alone.

So I need to cease contact.

What's the best way to go about it, what would I even say? He lives about 200km away as I moved away so bumping into him isnt really a consideration.

Tl;dr friends feelings ruining friendship - need to cease contact. How?



Submitted December 01, 2019 at 04:31AM by throwawaybfchat https://ift.tt/2DCzYx7
I (F 30) need to block my friend (M30) due to my concerns - how should I do so? I (F 30) need to block my friend (M30) due to my concerns - how should I do so? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.