Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (18F) mom (63F) doesn’t want to go to my high school graduation ceremony tomorrow bc of what i’ll wear

Honestly this is kinda dumb, but I’m not sure what to do so I might as well look for some advice here.

So earlier today I was trying on some outfits for my graduation ceremony that’s tomorrow so I could show my best friend and see what she thought. My school doesn’t do uniforms and technically there’s no dress code at all even though most likely people will wear somewhat formal clothes.

I asked my mom for a white tank top bc I wanted to try an outfit that my sister recommended and see how it looked. My mom started saying it was too informal and I told her “People have gone with football (soccer for usamericans i guess) tshirts so don’t worry” This, btw, I said it in a polite tone, just going “It’s not a big deal so no need to worry about it” I hadn’t even decided what to wear really.

Anyways, immediately she answers that I can’t go dressed like that (mind you she hadn’t even handed me the tank top and she hadn’t even seen what I was wearing bc I was still changing) and that she’s not going to go there and watch me make a fool of myself bc of what I wear. I very angrily told her that “Well, I can wear whatever the fuck I want” which I know was rude and I shouldn’t have, but this is not the first time she says something like this and I snapped.

She immediately informs me she’s not going anymore, again, bc she’s not going just to see how ridiculous I look. She goes to the kitchen (which is right next to a particular wall in my room and I can hear what she’s saying) and complains to my brother about how I am a brat that can’t even clean up after herself (she was harsher but that’s more or less the sentiment) and that I always do what my “filthy friends” (that part translates weird I think but it’s literally what she said) do and that I have no personality at all. I confronted her after that saying that was an unnecessary thing to say about my friends and it was me she was mad at. She completely ignored me and didn’t even acknowledge I was there.

Now, my dad and brother wants us to make up and apologise to each other so she’ll go, but I’m not really feeling it. Like, I know I was out of line with the swearing, but I’m not up for the idea of her going after all of that. I know she’s impulsive and will probably change her mind and go, but now her going doesn’t feel great at all.

However I know I’ll probably also feel bad if she doesn’t go. Maybe not now or tomorrow but in the (near?) future I’d probably like to have pics of my graduation day with my mom.

I’m kind of at a loss about what to do. Should I talk to her? Should I just leave it like that and hope she comes anyways? She does love me but she doesn’t quite understand me and what I want/need and can react poorly to a lot of stuff

Tl;dr: Mom said I shouldn’t wear a certain outfit to the ceremony. I snapped and said “I can wear whatever the fuck I want” and now she doesn’t want to go the ceremony. She also said some other hurtful stuff and now I’m not sure if I want her to come or not.



Submitted December 01, 2019 at 11:03PM by latinesappho https://ift.tt/2P1vZj2
My (18F) mom (63F) doesn’t want to go to my high school graduation ceremony tomorrow bc of what i’ll wear My (18F) mom (63F) doesn’t want to go to my high school graduation ceremony tomorrow bc of what i’ll wear Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.