Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I(28F) Am Scared For The Safety Of My Friend (30F)

Her partner is becoming increasingly abusive in an attempt to reassert control and dominance whenever the old tactics lose their efficacy, I'm aware escalation is a sign of worse abuse coming down the line. I'm extremely concerned for the well-being of her and her very small kids.

I don't believe her partner is capable of change, if he's confronted over his atrocious behavior, he refuses to see how he's done anything wrong & shifts blame. I'm especially worried about the children being subjected to his rage, they're such beautiful sweeties and the idea of them scared, confused and left with psychological trauma is...very upsetting to say the least.

My friend is keenly aware of the severity of the situation, she wants out ASAP. He controls the finances (typical) and while she's managed to stow some money away, it isn't much. She can't get a part time job because she's the primary caregiver and only one child is old enough to start school, also I suspect he doesn't want her to work because work=money=independence.

All in all, getting away on her own just isn't feasible as of right now. Does anybody have any advice on how I can be a supportive friend & helpful ally? I sent her a link to a local shelter/social services program that sounds like it could be the answer to her prayers (food, clothes, free shelter, therapy, housing transition, legal aid, job training/placement, etc) but she stopped responding once I sent it. Maybe shit got too real?

Should I help set up a discreet gofundme campaign to help raise her the money needed to get out?

Am I being too invasive and pushy?

It's so hard to tell how to correctly navigate this.

BTW, please don't suggest calling CPS to have the children removed, she is an extremely devoted and loving mom who is trying to get her kids out, it would absolutely devastate her if she lost them. I'm unwilling to consider that.

TL;DR: Friend is trapped in abusive household with two small children, barely any money, no substantial escape plan. What can I do to help? Do I take a hands off approach, do I try to expedite the process? Ugh very tricky



Submitted December 05, 2019 at 10:37PM by DickPigFarmer https://ift.tt/2Yjqq3E
I(28F) Am Scared For The Safety Of My Friend (30F) I(28F) Am Scared For The Safety Of My Friend (30F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 06, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.