Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I found out my father (48M) and I(18F) aren't related. He left the house and filed for divorce.

By reading the title so far you probably have a general sense of what has happened. My parents have been married for 20 years now and they were a great couple. I was born 2 years into their marriage and am an only child. In fact, you could probably describe their relationship to being as close as a fairytale story. Obviously just like other relationships there were ups and downs but they were always great together. They were the couple looks to and it was obvious that they were madly in love with one another. He also happens to be a great father. He's always been there for me, been supportive and loving. So about 3 months ago I asked my dad if we could do a DNA test together just to compare our ancestry and where our past family comes from. You know the whole let's figure out how much of what I am. He agreed and we did the test. Long story short it turns out that he isn't my biological father. We were both very shocked so we thought there must have been a mistake, so we took it again and well it wasn't. He wasn't my father! I didn't know what to say or do. Dad was furious and him and mom had a major fight that night where she confessed to sleeping with another man two years into their marriage hence that man being my biological father. I was so mad at mom and couldn't imagine how she could do this to me or dad. Anyways, my dad broke down and left the house an hour later with my mother begging and pleading with him to stay. He filed for divorce about two weeks later and my mom was devastated. My dad left the house and apparently moved to another city all together. He didn't even pack up most of his stuff he just left. Fast forward to present day and it has been about 3 months since that incident. He calls me from time to time to check in and asks how I'm doing but it just doesn't feel the same. I feel awful about what my mom did and what happened but why is he acting different. I mean I still think that he's my dad. He was there when I was first born, and when I fell off my bike for the first time. He has always been there and loved and supported me but now he seems very distant even in our conversations. I still think of him as a father but I haven't really expressed my feelings to him. I don't want to scare him specially since he isn't around me anymore. I feel like if I try to open up to him and tell him that I still love him and that I'm still his baby girl he'll leave for good and distance himself from me forever. I understand that this is probably very hard for him but he can't just leave me like this. How do I approach my father in our next conversation and express my feelings without pushing him away even further?

TLDR: My father left the house and filed for divorce after finding out that I'm not his daughter after 18 years. How do I approach him about my feelings of wanting him near me without pushing him away even further?



Submitted December 06, 2019 at 07:07PM by katief12345 https://ift.tt/2RsFmLf
I found out my father (48M) and I(18F) aren't related. He left the house and filed for divorce. I found out my father (48M) and I(18F) aren't related. He left the house and filed for divorce. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.