Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [23F] don't like that bf's [26M] mother [47F] shares things about my personal life to people I have not met.

We've been together almost 4 years. Over the years I've gotten the sense his mother doesn't like me. His mother is the kind to constantly update her fb status on her location, pictures of literally any day where she leaves her house, any "new" food item she makes etc. She is unemployed and lives on benefits so finds time to do all of this and speak to many people. It was recently bf's birthday and his mother HAD to make a status about it despite wishing him privately.

Bf and I are really private people. We have fb accounts but use it only to keep in touch with people and I literally haven't updated my FB in any way, including a profile picture in 4 years.

Whenever anything happens in my life, whether big or small, e.g. graduating University, bf and I taking a trip, me having a bad day, bf and I going out etc., she's the first person to literally hound me about it. She will blow up my phone with a million questions and if I ignore it, she will ask bf or my mother. Sometimes I don't even have a chance to tell my news to my own mother before she starts bothering me. Also, at his family gatherings, I often have random people or people I've only met once or people I've known about but haven't met, come up to me and ask me about my personal life. This makes me uncomfortable. It's not even necessarily bad things but the whole point of being private is that whether the news is good or bad, I don't want people other than my family and close friends to know. I've expressed to bf about this and he's shown concern but isn't sure how to make me feel more comfortable.

The thing is, I literally cannot speak to her by avoiding the topic because she doesn't quit until she finds out. I am also nervous about bringing up the topic because I know she will react badly and instead of telling people about my private life, she will gossip "wow can you believe OP just said that to me how fucking rude." The only reason I haven't said anything to her is to avoid further gossip and also to avoid any awkward moments and weird confrontations as we often visit bf and his family and since his father and sister are very introverted and prefer to spend time alone, she is the only other person I communicate with while I am there. She seems to be the glue in the family and also bf is a mummy's boy so I don't want to cause any issues.

Tldr; bf's mother constantly tells random people she knows about my personal life which makes me uncomfortable.



Submitted December 03, 2019 at 02:37PM by Pam_Teasly https://ift.tt/35Yd0wv
I [23F] don't like that bf's [26M] mother [47F] shares things about my personal life to people I have not met. I [23F] don't like that bf's [26M] mother [47F] shares things about my personal life to people I have not met. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.