Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [19F] feel trapped in my apartment by my roommate [20F]. Please help me

I just moved out of my parents' place. There was a whole slew of abusive problems there and by moving out on my own I thought I'd finally just get to.. live and be me. I thought I'd have independence. My roommate doesn't like being alone and I've only been here for five days and she's already gotten mildly upset at me for going to stay at my boyfriend's house the second night I was here. The power had been out for a few days and the apartment smelled bad because of the milk in the fridge (I just moved in and am getting over a hand surgery. I can't clean a foreign fridge with one hand in the dark, as much as I wanted to). I want to stay at his tonight but I'm afraid she'll get upset. I think this is going to cause problems because I love my guy and I'll probably stay at his house 2-3 nights a week and I don't think she'll like it. I haven't really known her that long but it seems that I'm responsible for her separation anxiety or whatever it is that she has. I don't want to be a jerk but I just got out from under my parents' thumb and I'n not paying rent to be held accountable for someone else's problem. I think she needs to see a therapist. I'm afraid to approach her about this because very minor things set her off and create drama. Am I being unreasonable? How do I express my feelings to her without starting drama?

Edit: boyfriend and I want to move out together. My lease lasts for 6 months and when it gets up we want to get a one-bedroom apartment. We couldn't when I initially moved out.

TL;DR I moved into an apartment 5 days ago. My roommate has issues being alone and got mildly upset at me when I stayed at my boyfriend's house a couple days ago. I feel held accountable for her separation anxiety (or whatever she has) even though I'm just her roommate and have only known her for a couple of weeks. I am an independent adult and feel that I shouldn't have to pay rent to be someone's live-in therapist. She's also kind of volatile. Little things set her off. If I stay out tonight I feel like it will cause drama with her. Am I being unreasonable? How do I approach her about this?



Submitted December 05, 2019 at 11:21AM by queensnipe https://ift.tt/2Rmo6aB
I [19F] feel trapped in my apartment by my roommate [20F]. Please help me I [19F] feel trapped in my apartment by my roommate [20F]. Please help me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.