Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [19F] feel numb in my relationship. He’s [19M] the sweetest, best guy I know, and I don’t feel anything

We’ve been together for about a year and a month. I asked him out, he said yes, and we’ve been happy ever since.

Thing is, I feel so empty with him now. I don’t know if it’s because the honeymoon phase has passed, or something deeper. It doesn’t seem like the feelings have just gotten less intense — it’s that I can’t access them at all. I feel good when he holds me, which is probably just because being held is nice, and that’s about it.

Worst part is, he’s the best person I could’ve ever asked for. He’s kind, wants the best for me, constantly gives me attention, and has nothing but love and respect for me. I’ve always thought he was more into me than the other way around, but I worked with it cuz I loved him a lot too...but now I just feel like I’m leading him on. I’m so scared to hurt him. And I’m scared I’ll regret it if I break things off. But I don’t know if I still love him in that way.

We’ve been planning to get an apartment together next year, and I have about two months before we have to decide (campus life, have to choose housing a semester early). I used to be excited about that, but now I just feel trapped — what if we break up, we’d be essentially locked into living together anyway.

I started new meds recently (Seroquel), and they’ve made me feel sorta emotionless in general. I don’t know how much of it is that, too.

Is this feeling normal? Something that will pass? What are you guys’ experiences?

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. I feel awful even just writing this, but I need help.

TL;DR I don’t know if I should stay in my relationship.



Submitted December 03, 2019 at 01:50PM by three-thirteen https://ift.tt/2Yfyn9T
I [19F] feel numb in my relationship. He’s [19M] the sweetest, best guy I know, and I don’t feel anything I [19F] feel numb in my relationship. He’s [19M] the sweetest, best guy I know, and I don’t feel anything Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.