Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

BF was not invited to my brother’s wedding... I am in the bridal party and the only one who’s S/O was excluded.

Hey reddit... I’ve been weighing on this for 2 weeks now and need some advice on the next steps. Trying to keep this vague but will clarify details as needed.

So, my brother has finally found love and is getting married. My family loves his fiancé, she’s sweet and funny and they seem like a great match. When my brother proposed, she asked me and my sisters to be bridesmaids. Super cute.

The “save the date” note arrived 2 weeks ago. When talking to my sister about it, she mentioned how the envelope was addressed to her and her boyfriend. I double checked mine... it was not. Checked around with other bridesmaids, it was clear that my boyfriend was not going to be invited.

I am in my late 20s, and my boyfriend and I have been together for a few years and live together, Other less-established couples were included, so this discovery felt personal. Turns out I was right! The fiancé told another bridesmaid that my boyfriend had not made enough effort to get to know her, and she didn’t feel obligated to invite him. To me, this is vindictive and judgmental. My brother and I are not exceptionally close but there is no bad blood and my feelings are hurt by this exclusion.

I have been letting things sink in before making any decisions, but I don’t know what to do next. I don’t want to have to ask for my boyfriend to be included, and after this my boyfriend would not want to attend. I don’t want a big drama around this if it can be avoided. The bachelorette event is in a few months and involves travel and cost - I no longer wish to attend this and am considering dropping out of the bridal party.

Am I overreacting? What is the appropriate next step? I’m at a loss.

Tl;dr: Older brother did not invite my bf to his wedding, all other s/o’s in my family/wedding party were invited. Dear Abby would be very disappointed. Please advise.



Submitted December 07, 2019 at 08:26PM by howrudethrowaway https://ift.tt/2DZLfb2
BF was not invited to my brother’s wedding... I am in the bridal party and the only one who’s S/O was excluded. BF was not invited to my brother’s wedding... I am in the bridal party and the only one who’s S/O was excluded. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 08, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.