Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My partner [25F] admitted to lying to me [23F] but won’t tell me about what.

Pretty simple but I don’t know how to really shake this and could use an outside perspective. Is this a big deal or no?

I bought some conversation cards that are meant to spark intimate conversations amongst partners. My partner actually wanted me to get them and I thought it could be a fun and interesting activity to do together.

We were going through some of the cards the other night and it was all going fine and dandy. I pulled a card to ask her and the question was, “What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told your partner?” Again, these cards are meant to spark intimate conversations between partners and can be uncomfortable or even harsh at times. But we both knew what we were getting into.

She got quiet and said that she has lied to me, but doesn’t feel comfortable sharing with me about what. Of course, no one likes to know they’ve been lied to and I started to become inquisitive. “Well, why can’t you tell me?” I kept pressing her. She said I shouldn’t press her about it and she said she doesn’t want to tell me. Afterwards I wasn’t really mad, but more sad to know that she had lied to me about something and still didn’t want to tell me. We stopped playing the asking cards after that and went to bed.

Now, days later it’s still eating at me. I’ve brought it up a couple times since trying to joke about it and she just laughs and says it’s dumb and maybe she’ll tell me one day if she feels comfortable. My thought process is, if it really is so dumb, why won’t she tell me? My brain has me assuming the worst of course. Idk, I don’t want to breach her right to privacy, but I mean she admitted to lying to me. Don’t I deserve to know? Why would she tell me that, but then refuse to come clean about the lie?

Do you guys think I should just let this go and let her come to me once she’s comfortable? Am I being too paranoid? Am I right to feel this is unfair? I’d love to know what ya’ll think of this.

tl;dr: My partner admitted that she had lied to me about something, but refuses to tell me what about. When I question her about it, she asks me to stop pressing her about it and she will tell me maybe one day if she feels comfortable. It’s really eating at me. What do you guys think of this? Am I right to feel like this is unfair to me? Or should i respect her privacy?



Submitted November 09, 2019 at 04:35PM by ShaniaTwainLovesMe https://ift.tt/2qHzdje
My partner [25F] admitted to lying to me [23F] but won’t tell me about what. My partner [25F] admitted to lying to me [23F] but won’t tell me about what. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 10, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.