Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [29F] worried about my friend’s[31M] relationship with his gf [32F]

I’m texting from my phone and will try to space it out correctly.

I’ve known my friend (31M), Gavin* for 15 years and at one point had a on again off again FWB relationship but an actual one not the type where the dude claims you’re friends but never hangs out and only wants sex. We’d have lunch together, go the beach, watch movies, hang out with friends, or with my family (he’d play cards against humanity with my mom). We thought about having a serious relationship but the timing was never right for us and he had issues. And that’s alright I enjoy the friendship we have and whenever him or I were seeing people we were respectful and wouldn’t do anything inappropriate nor even flirt.

Since I moved away from our hometown, Gavin has been in a 2 year relationship with a wonderful woman named, Mary (31F), she is perfect for Gavin. She’s smart, level headed, pretty, and is a good influence for him. Recently he moved in with Mary only because he couldn’t mentally stand where he was currently residing (roommate would have violent night terrors.)

At first Mary stated that she would only live with them if they were engaged but changed her mind after Gavin informed her of how bad his living situation became. Mary wants to get married soon and have kids a year after marriage. He mentioned that there is no spark in their love life and that Mary is very Christian.

I’m worried about Gavin and do not know how to express it. I’m happy he found someone that is stable as he had a history of dating women with drug addictions and always wanted to be their knight in shining armor. But for a decade he battled with alcoholism (another reason I wasn’t interested in a relationship) and marijuana addiction. I’m worried that the lifestyle Mary wants (marriage, kids, career) could eventually lead to Gavin relapsing as he used booze to suppress his emotions.

Do I just not say anything till I get a call at 2:00 AM about from him questioning life and his choices ?(it happens) Or do I tell him, “ hey buddy I’m worried that the path you’re taking could lead to a relapse.”

TL;DR- I’m worried that my friend Gavin could relapse if he gets engaged and marries his gf Mary



Submitted November 08, 2019 at 11:19AM by UnusualOddDuck https://ift.tt/2Ns6K9P
Me [29F] worried about my friend’s[31M] relationship with his gf [32F] Me [29F] worried about my friend’s[31M] relationship with his gf [32F] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 08, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.