Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it naive to break up with my (22f) boyfriend (23m) of 5 years because of a romance novel?

Anonymous for obvious reasons. I have been with my fiance for about 5 years. He rescued me from an abusive relationship with my mother- something I will be eternally grateful for. He’s really the nicest guy I have ever met. He’s kind and understanding. But about a year into our relationship, he stopped doing things we use to like. He stopped going on walks with me, confessed he doesn’t like watching movies (I’m a huge cinephile who loves to analyze the cinematography in movies and tv). He also stopped going out with me to movies, arcades, even dinner though he knows I love to do these things. He stopped taking care of himself except what would be required at the bare minimum and started gaining weight rapidly, becoming obese in a matter of years. Instead of doing these things with me, he started obsessively playing video games. From the time he gets home from work to way past the time I’m sleeping, he’s playing video games. People tell me this is the natural course of a relationship.

That’s where the romance novels come in. I’ve always been obsessed with the Pride and Prejudice trope of a man who become encapsulated by a woman. But I always dismissed this as a naive fantasy that never happens. Lately? However, I’ve been reading a romance series that follows that particular trope. I find myself staying away longer on my runs just to listen and fantasize about someone loving me in the same way, dreading going home just to be ignored.

Finally, I told him that I need a break. But I’m not sure if this is the right decision. He’s become the man I want him to be, as he does every time I bring up my grievances and try to break it off with him. When he does this, it screws with my head and makes me think I’m asking too much, being to demanding. I basically feel as though I’m trapped between not bad enough to leave and not good enough to stay.

Am I naive? Can you really have love like a romance novel? Or should I settle for him- as any relationship will end up in this point as well.

TL;DR My fiancé ignores me, and I am considering leaving him to chase the dream of a a man who adores me.



Submitted November 06, 2019 at 01:25PM by lizziedarcy69 https://ift.tt/2CjLHQD
Is it naive to break up with my (22f) boyfriend (23m) of 5 years because of a romance novel? Is it naive to break up with my (22f) boyfriend (23m) of 5 years because of a romance novel? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 06, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.