Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I broke up with my emotionally abusive, codependent girlfriend and I feel so relieved

This is the second and final update to this story. The first two will be on a comment since I can't figure out this sub's linking rules. Read those to get an overview of the situation

I (23 M) finally was able to stand my ground, pull the trigger, and break up with girlfriend (23 F) of 6.5 years. There was too much about her that was just controlling and downright manipulative, and I finally manned up and stood up for myself. I am obviously sad, but at the same time I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

We left off in person that I would think about what was said. She begged me eventually today to FaceTime so she could say a few things to me, and by that point I had decided that I needed to end it for my own sanity's sake. When we spoke, she apologized for about 10 minutes and said that she talked to her mom, and that her mom took my side and basically listed all of the same controlling things that she does that I told her yesterday. She told me that her mom even suggested that she go to therapy and that she wants to (mind you, she has said plenty of times that "she doesn't believe in therapy" so this is a big deal).

Even with all of this, though, I knew that this was the right decision for me. I told her that everything is just too deep seeded for me, and things could not change fast enough to erase everything from the past 6.5 years for me. I apologized for never telling her my true feelings earlier, and instead bottling them up because it may have been salvageable if I never did that. I also said that she's going to see that there are also pros to this for her because she won't get so frustrated with me being airheaded sometimes, and she can find someone more like herself.

I know that this was a novel, but that you for tagging along and helping with everything, reddit. I really appreciate the support and opening my eyes.

Tl;dr after having a heart to heart with her earlier and telling my girlfriend I needed time to think, we spoke in a facetime and I was able to stand my ground for once and end it for good.



Submitted November 09, 2019 at 05:39PM by alecp1 https://ift.tt/36OMJln
I broke up with my emotionally abusive, codependent girlfriend and I feel so relieved I broke up with my emotionally abusive, codependent girlfriend and I feel so relieved Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 09, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.