Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (33/f) been dating boyfriend (32/m), for two years, just found out about female best friend he texts daily

Been dating Larry* for coming up to two years and working on moving into his house (last four months have been house repairs and renovations).

The story:

He was involved in a fender bender and when he pulled out his phone to show me a photo, I noticed he had been texting with a girl I didn’t recognise and asked him. Turned out to be a former neighbour who he still spoke to.

This lead to the question of whether there was anyone else out there he texted a lot. And then he mentioned this girl, who he mentioned as one of his best friends, that he texts daily.

No screaming match or anything so dramatic just me saying these things: ‘At the point in our relationship I felt like I should have been aware of anyone you’re close enough to text with on a daily basis’ ‘What would your opinion be if you just found out that I’d been texting with a guy on a daily basis’ His response was more to the fact that ‘he hasn’t seen her in four years’

Day after and I’m just feeling it’s sitting worse with me (as far as I’m aware I’ve heard of other male friends he texts frequently, could have brought her up before - I’m in the middle of studying the subject she studied etc)

So my general question is this, what would your reaction be? I’m looking for perspective on whether I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill or whether I should talk to him and say this has thrown me for a loop but let’s just move past it

I wanted to also tell the story before I gave a little more background. I’m a divorcee, my marriage broke up because my husband cheated on me, but more do in hindsight spent hours on the phone texting his girlfriend and hiding in the bathroom to do it as well. I’m also Larry’s first serious long-term girlfriend, so I give him a large benefit of the doubt for being naive.

Not sure how much that impacts the base question of requesting your reaction but I will freely admit I am sensitive to phone use and have been upfront with Larry day one that trust is my biggest issue.

TL;DR: dating two years, just found out about boyfriends female best friend, he texts daily with, requesting feedback because not sure if my worsening feeling about the situation is warranted.



Submitted March 28, 2019 at 03:47PM by ConflictedAgain https://ift.tt/2I1yOhR
I (33/f) been dating boyfriend (32/m), for two years, just found out about female best friend he texts daily I (33/f) been dating boyfriend (32/m), for two years, just found out about female best friend he texts daily Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.