Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[23m/22f] My girlfriend is living a glam life in the fashion industry which I will not be able to provide right now

I've been dating this girl for ~6 months. I like her a lot, and she has been very serious from the start, wanting to get engaged and married soon once I'm financially ready.

----- Our backgrounds ------

The issue is that she works in fashion, going on business jet trips attending shows in London, Paris, NYC, Shanghai, interacting with top clientele, and seeing all the "bling" and "glam" around her.

I as a financial analyst am starting out in my career sit in front of the computer 24/7 analysing stocks earning entry-level salary. I have been paying for 90% of the dates, which is fine to me as we assumed traditional male/female roles in the relationship, and she is happy with what she is getting out of the relationship and at this stage she keeps talking about wanting to get a ring from me.

Ethnically she is West African, and I am East Asian, but equally traditional so that explains the relationship dynamics and the rush to get married soon.

----- The issue ------

Money/career/status never has been a problem because she was always low-key about her job, and doesn't seem to be affected by her fashionable peers in the industry. She would just state that "I've worked with this (worldwide famous) brand, with this director, they are nice people." and ends the convo on the topic without getting excited about the luxuries that she had seen and experienced.

However, there were signs as on the third date when she chose restaurants for the first time. She came with a list of $$$$ fine-dining restaurants, and I told her frankly that I can't provide that at the moment and we went to a $$-$$$ place that I would normally go.

She never flaunted about her success and aspirations, but I am worried that this will be an area of mismatch where her economic demands outgrow my ability to provide. Our families are both middle-class living in mid-tier houses and driving low-end cars so I am worried if she has been tainted by the sights she has been seeing in her job, and if this will be a source of future infidelity and divorce.

However, she also has a very stable + religiously guided outlook on life, and wears the same set of clothes over and over, and these are the signs that she isn't a risky investment with large cash outflows as it seemed.

----- too long, didn't read -----

tldr: girlfriend has ambition and taste in luxury, but we are both middle-class and I can't provide for her yet, but still she would like to get married to me



Submitted May 01, 2023 at 07:28AM by LenormandLearner https://ift.tt/vD156MQ
[23m/22f] My girlfriend is living a glam life in the fashion industry which I will not be able to provide right now [23m/22f] My girlfriend is living a glam life in the fashion industry which I will not be able to provide right now Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 02, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.