Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Would you give up your dog because of your wife? I don’t know what to do

Tl;dr at the bottom. Me (27m) and my wife (25f) have been together for 6 years. No kids. Married and living together for two years. I own a 6 year old English bulldog. My wife has always had a problem with him, mainly because of the smells and sounds he makes, so I put him away when she came over and it was okay. I also lived in a bigger place and it was easier to air it out, and keep the dog away from the main areas.

Moving in together, it’s been very hard for her. She’s allergic to him. And I mean, allergic-shiners, nose-burning, and throat irritation allergic.

We live in a 1 bedroom (no option to move, or live separately due to visa issues) and she’s basically confined to the bedroom all day because the living room causes her irritations. It was okay for her during the summer because we kept everything open and he was outside, but as summer was ending, I noticed her come out less and less.

Now, I know he smells. I shower him regularly, but it’s not the fur she’s allergic to. It’s the smell coming from his mouth/breathing/vomiting water (he’s fine, it’s normal for him because he can’t regulate his drinking). He used to have a fabric bed that absorbed all those smells, so she got him a leather bed that I’ll be able to wash. It was so much better for exactly two days, until he started licking the leather bed for hours, smelling up the room, and she’s back to the bedroom. She WFH too, so she’s here all day.

She didn’t ask me to give him away. She says it will be the end of our relationship, because I will “resent her and break up with her.” And I don’t know how I’m going to feel, I do love him to death, but I don’t think I’m going to Fresh up with her. Other than that, our relationship is perfect.

I’m laying in bed right now hearing her coughing and I’m really at my wits end with this. I can’t see her suffer and I don’t know what to do. Was anyone in a similar situation and has some insight? Thanks in advance Reddit.

Tl;dr: wife is allergic to dog. Should I rehome him?



Submitted November 04, 2022 at 09:36PM by TAWhatIf https://ift.tt/IYBOp57
Would you give up your dog because of your wife? I don’t know what to do Would you give up your dog because of your wife? I don’t know what to do Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 05, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.