Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girlfriend doesn't want me to take a 1 on 1 vacation with my dad

So I'm (M) turning 21 soon, and my dad and I were talking and he said he wants to take me out of the country for just 4 nights to celebrate. He and I both work for an airline and are able to jumpseat, meaning we can basically ride on an airplane from our airline free of charge. But this is something only my dad and I can do, we cannot bring guests on the plane. I told him that sounds good.

I go to tell my girlfriend (24 F) about this, and she is completely not ok with it. She's saying she wouldn't go on vacation without me, that I'm invalidating her opinion, and disrespecting her and our relationship. She said this is breaking a boundary of hers, especially given it's for my 21st birthday. She thinks I should just be single if this is what I want to do. I personally think it should be ok for me to go on a small vacation without her, especially considering it's with my dad, and not a bunch of friends or something. Plus, she is not able to go with us, due to this flight we are taking only being available to employees to our airline. Of course, we could all fly on a regular flight, but that would make it unaffordable.

I thought this would just be a fun experience with my dad but she's blowing it completely out of proportion. I get that I should take her feelings into consideration, but I feel like this isn't something that she should feel the need to tell me not to do. I figured this wouldn't be a big deal. She wants me to not go on vacation with my dad and instead go out to eat with him or something.

Right now I'm planning on taking this vacation anyway, cause I don't think she should be telling me not to do this. If the circumstances were different I'd consider not going.

What are your thoughts on going on a vacation without your SO?

TL;DR: Girlfriend doesn't want me to take a solo trip with my dad. She is not able to go with us because we get free flights from our airline. She might want to break up over this.

EDIT: Added a bit more info.



Submitted November 05, 2022 at 03:08AM by InsufficientChimp https://ift.tt/uDKNTYW
Girlfriend doesn't want me to take a 1 on 1 vacation with my dad Girlfriend doesn't want me to take a 1 on 1 vacation with my dad Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 05, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.