Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I cope with SO’s short term memory issues?

My (32f) boyfriend’s (29m) memory is pretty bad due to issues outside of his control. We’ve been dating 3 years and we have a daughter if that’s relevant. He’s always had issues with memory but it’s worse than it was.

I don’t want to spill his business but it’s something he can’t help so I need to figure out how to deal with it. He is aware of his poor memory and I can get over forgetting dates and appointments, that’s an easy fix. The part that bothers me is hearing the same things over and over, having the same conversations, and him forgetting a lot of our experiences and conversations.

I know it seems like a small thing but it gets old fast and idk if I should just keep going with the same conversation that he’ll probably forget again anyway or just say I’m sorry but I don’t feel like talking about this again etc. I almost feel like I need a support group sometimes because it can be exhausting.

Does anyone have advice or been in a similar situation?

Tl:dr how can I cope with my boyfriend’s memory issues?

Update: I went ahead and just asked him if he wanted me to listen to the same story and have the same conversation or tell him and he said definitely tell him. He said he’ll probably get annoyed with himself but he’d rather know. I’ll probably have to ask him again but at least he responded well.

I would still love to hear any personal stories or other advice.



Submitted June 23, 2021 at 06:35PM by Fairybuttmunch https://ift.tt/2UzqTRr
How do I cope with SO’s short term memory issues? How do I cope with SO’s short term memory issues? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 24, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.