Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Fiancé’s (27M) dad (59M) said he planned for him to marry someone else.

TLDR; We all went to dinner for my fiancé’s birthday and my future FIL made a joke and said how their (fiancé’s mom & dad) ideal plan would have been for him to marry their friend’s daughter. My feelings are kind of hurt even though I know it was a joke. Should I just brush it off?

So, first off I feel like I have I pretty good relationship with my in-laws. But, sometimes I do feel as if they like me they just don’t think I’m the one for their son. If that makes sense? Idk it makes sense in my head lol. I communicated this to my fiancé and he reassured me that they love me. Okay, cool. I moved on and just assumed it was my own insecurities eating away at me.

But tonight at my fiancé’s birthday dinner, my future FIL made a joke about how their ideal plan would have been for my fiancé to marry their friends’ daughter. Yeah, I understand people plan and make a joke out of that type of stuff. Anyway, nobody said anything after that and I felt so awkward and I just didn’t know what to say. My fiancé’s mom, who usually just giggles at everything (a very light-hearted woman, bless her soul) didn’t even say one word and she most definitely didn’t giggle.

The joke definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. I just feel kind of hurt and maybe that I’m thinking too hard about this. I’m also starting to feel the way that I felt in the beginning. I don’t want to say anything to them or to my fiancé. I guess I’m just kinda hurt? Would this hurt your feelings?



Submitted December 01, 2019 at 06:44PM by gypsygrl98 https://ift.tt/2sCvFj8
Fiancé’s (27M) dad (59M) said he planned for him to marry someone else. Fiancé’s (27M) dad (59M) said he planned for him to marry someone else. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.