Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should my husband and I (40M/F) tell his brother (31M) that his wife (30F) is seeing another man?

I feel like I need to provide some background: my husband and I have been together nearly 25 years - since high school. His brother is almost ten years younger. I’ll call my husband James and his brother, Alex. His parents went through a horrible divorce and were fighting for custody and slinging mud all over when James was in high school. He was more or less raising Alex by his senior year while their parents did... whatever it was they did. Both Alex and James spent a lot of time at my house. When James and I went away to college together, Alex spent a lot of time still with my parents.

When Alex was in high school, James and I invited him to live with us. He started using drugs - marijuana and cocaine - and we told him he was not welcome in our home if he was using drugs.

Over the past 25 years, Alex has been... troubled. He got married when he was 18 and divorced shortly after. He got married again and has two kids. Almost six years ago, he was arrested for drug possession and dealing. It wasn’t his first arrest. He went to prison. He was sentenced to 3-5 years. About a year after going to prison, he got in trouble, prison time was extended to five years at least.

Alex’s wife has stuck by his side, but she’s struggled financially. We’ve helped her - we pay her rent and buy groceries for her and the kids.

On Friday, I stopped by the house where Alex’s wife lives. There was another man there. She told me she’s been seeing him for a few months and begged me not to tell Alex. She isn’t sure if she wants a divorce.

My husband and I don’t know what to do. We’re upset that we have been financially helping her and she hasn’t told us. On one hand, we know telling Alex could set him back in prison and could delay him getting out (he could get in trouble again). I also don’t blame his wife for wanting to move on - he abandoned her. On the other hand, she’s told Alex she’s sticking by his side and would stay faithful even when she’s apart. Alex is my brother and I feel like he has the right to know this.

We are leaning towards not telling Alex but are just really unsure.

TL;DR: my brother is in prison due to drugs. We’ve been supporting his wife and their daughters. I found out she’s been seeing another guy and we don’t know what to do.



Submitted November 10, 2019 at 09:23AM by Brotherinprison https://ift.tt/33N8IXW
Should my husband and I (40M/F) tell his brother (31M) that his wife (30F) is seeing another man? Should my husband and I (40M/F) tell his brother (31M) that his wife (30F) is seeing another man? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 11, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.