Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22 M) boyfriend (20 M) wants me to help him pay his bills, but he doesn’t make payments and spends on new designer clothing

My boyfriend and I have been together for over three years. We live in an apartment that comes with its own parking space, but since we each have our own car, one of us needs to use the building’s valet service. The valet service is $230 a month.

For the first year we lived in the building, I used the free space and my boyfriend used the valet. Every time rent was due, I always sent him $115 to help him pay for the valet without even thinking about it. I viewed this as a shared expense.

Ever since we renewed our lease, we switched things up and now I use the valet service and my boyfriend parks in the free space. For the first few months, he sent me $115 as well, but recently he asked me if I could cover the entire $230 because he has to catch up on his toll road debts that exceed $700. The route I take to work doesn’t use any toll roads, so I agreed to cover the valet fees for a month to help him out.

In addition to the valet, I also paid for half of my boyfriend’s AirBnB ($80) when he went to visit his family last weekend, and I have also covered all of our streaming services since we’ve lived together.

Rent is almost due, and so I asked my boyfriend if he could send me $115 for the valet. He told me that the valet “isn’t his problem” and that he still has hundreds of dollars of debts that he needs to catch up on. I asked him how much his last payment was, and he said $75. Meanwhile, he came home from a shopping trip yesterday where he spent almost $150 on new shoes.

I want to help my boyfriend and I want our expenses to be equal, but I just can’t help but feel like I’m being taken advantage of. On top of all that, my boyfriend earns more money than I do! By covering his half of his valet expenses to “help him catch up on his debts,” it feels like I’m actually just buying him new shoes.

So, do y’all think I’m overreacting? Should I just take a deep breath and let this go, or should I put my foot down and tell him that he needs to help me?

TL;DR: My bf won’t help me pay for our valet service because he says he needs to pay down his toll road bills, but he barely makes payments and spends on needless indulgences.



Submitted August 04, 2019 at 01:46PM by the_collective_hole https://ift.tt/2YpmGRw
My (22 M) boyfriend (20 M) wants me to help him pay his bills, but he doesn’t make payments and spends on new designer clothing My (22 M) boyfriend (20 M) wants me to help him pay his bills, but he doesn’t make payments and spends on new designer clothing Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.