Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (27F) don’t know what to do about my extremely smothering boyfriend (42M)

I’ve been with my boyfriend for two years now, moved to another state to be with him and don’t currently work because of mental health related reasons so am completely reliant on him.

I’ll try to make this short - so he and I met on the internet and he’s always been extremely obsessed with me. He needed to talk to me all the time, needed to know where I was, what I was doing etc. At the time and in that situation I was similar, so I didn’t mind it.

Since moving in with him these past two years I’ve caught him downloading an app on my phone to see who’s calling me or texting me, he’s checked my bank account transactions to see where I was when I was out with coworkers (the one and only time I was out with them) and continued to blow up my phone asking me where I was and why I wasn’t answering him every 5 minutes (he knew I went out and where, I just happened to walk to the gas station down the street to buy my friend cigarettes when he checked my online bank account and texted me nonstop asking why I was at the gas station). My phone also died for the remaining hour of the night and when I finally got home and turned it on I saw the amount of texts and calls he made (a lot) and walked into the apartment to an angry and tear streaked boyfriend telling me, “this is why I don’t want you going out”.

On top of all of this, he constantly needs me to be all over him. Either touching him, cuddling him, or having sex with him. I feel like I can’t get a moment to myself (granted he works all day while I’m home but the minute he gets home from work he needs me to be all over him). If I’m not touching him enough, he’ll start to get quiet and I can tell he’s upset and feeling “neglected”.

I feel like there’s so fucking much to go over I don’t even know how to, but damn just writing this out is making me feel gross and just done.

MY PROBLEM: I have no family, no friends, no money and no car. I am completely reliant on him for everything yeah stupid I know but here we are. How in the fuck can I get away from him? We had a very emotional talk earlier where we both cried and I told him he needed to work on himself because this wasn’t going to work for me and at first he said he felt like he did everything for me while I did nothing for him (I make homemade dinner for him every day and also quit drinking for him I do what I can), that annoyed me and I just repeated that I felt smothered and I needed my space sometimes and that he needed to understand that and work on himself.

What can I do if I decide I need to leave? Honestly I can’t go to a shelter that terrifies me... any ideas?

TLDR; boyfriend is too obsessed with me and I rely on him financially. I moved to a new state to be with him and I have no friends or family or car and I’m not sure how to leave him if it comes to that.



Submitted August 06, 2019 at 09:37AM by ididit2myself https://ift.tt/2MaKwtN
I (27F) don’t know what to do about my extremely smothering boyfriend (42M) I (27F) don’t know what to do about my extremely smothering boyfriend (42M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 06, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.