Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I’m marrying my fiance, but I still love my dead husband

Me and my dead husband started dating when we were 15. We got married when we were 25 and had our son in the same year. He died a year after that in a car accident.

When he was alive, I swear, we had the perfect relationship. He was the most compassionate and loving person that I ever knew. I went to therapy for years, which helped, but it didn’t make the pain go away. It’s been 7 years and I still miss him a lot.

Years later I met my now fiance (31M, and I’m 33 nowadays). I actually met him because of my son, his nephew and my son go to the same school and are best friends. He’s a really nice guy, I know he loves me a lot, he treats my son like his own, and that’s all I could ask for. He’s never been married and he doesn’t have kids. I do love him, but in a different way. I’m really grateful for everything he’s done for me, I’m happy to have him in my life, our relationship is also really good, but I feel like my past husband will always be the love of my life. I loved him in ways that I just don’t think it will ever be possible to have the same feelings for someone else. But I also think I need to move on with my life. They are completely different from each other, I don’t even think they would be friends if my past husband was alive because they really have not much in common, but each of them are amazing in their own way.

I was just wondering if this situation is fair to my fiance. I’m marrying him, but I’m still in love with someone else, even though this other person is no longer alive. I just think he deserves so much better than this.

I don’t think this situation will ever change. I have daily reminders of my past husband - we shared 11 years of our lives together in total, we have a son, I’m still friends with some of the mutual friends we had, I still talk to his family quite often, specially because his parents absolutely love their grandson. Those things won’t change.

When I talk about those things or when I get overwhelmed by them, my fiance just listens. He doesn’t get jealous or anything, but I can tell it’s not his favorite topic.

I’m just not sure about what to do about this. Last night I had a dream about my past husband, which has been a constant thing lately, and I can’t stop thinking about him and this whole situation.

TLDR: my past husband died in a car accident, he was my soulmate. It’s been 7 years, and now I’m engaged to someone else. I’m still in love with my dead husband and I’m just not sure if this situation is fair to my fiance



Submitted November 22, 2021 at 06:45AM by m_____0 https://ift.tt/3r0NMLU
I’m marrying my fiance, but I still love my dead husband I’m marrying my fiance, but I still love my dead husband Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 22, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.