Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My sister (F22) has become supervisor in my workplace and I (F24) am having a hard time coping due to jealousy. How can I fix this?

My (F22) sister has become supervisor in my workplace and I (F24) am having a hard time coping due to jealousy. How can I fix this?

A little back story: my sister is my foster sister, and we’ve been super close since the age of 5. We get along great, have the same interests, rarely ever fight, and rarely have issues with each other. She recently finished high school at 19 and worked odd and end jobs until I offered to help her get into the company that I work for. It’s a great steady job with benefits and I love it here, and with my recommendation she got in right away.

She’s been here 1 year I’ve been here 3 years. Just recently she got promoted which I was super happy for her. Lately, however, she’s been subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) rubbing stuff in my face. “I just started making $35/hr, how much do you make? Wait I have access to everything now so I’ll look it up for you on your file.” Little comments like that and I brushed it off thinking she was just really excited about the job and the new experience, but it’s been a full year now and she still makes comments like that.

“You only got a fifty cent raise? I got a SIXTY cent raise because I’m supervisor.” (She said this to me the other night, so it’s fairly recent)

Just the other day she said “My department sure is short staffed now that Nancy is on vacation and Tom is sick. I’m going to call you in Monday to help fill us in.” Which and can’t do because: I’m in a different department with my OWN job and schedule plus she isn’t in charge of my department, my manager Rhetta is. She keeps making little jabs at how she’s higher up than I am and it’s driving me insane.

One day she strolled through my side of the building and saw the amount of work I had left to do and said “This is how much you have to do? Do you think you’ll finish it on time by 8?” I thought it was random especially since I’ve never seen her over on my floor before and I said “Yes why?” And she said. “Just making sure you’re getting you’re work done - especially since I noticed you were behind on X and Y last week.” (Which was due to a computer malfunction which was already known and accepted by my boss) And she just strolled on out.

Just the other day she told me that I might have to be moved into her department and how she’ll have to supervise me and she won’t stop talking about it and the idea of her being my supervisor just makes me tense up and I hate the idea of it.

My boyfriend thinks I’m overreacting, and I know it sounds petty and I guess I must be jealous but I cannot handle all the little side comments and I have no idea how to handle it.

TL;DR: My sister has been seemingly rubbing things in my face about how she’s higher up than me at work and it’s making me feel jealous and driving me crazy.



Submitted October 01, 2019 at 12:11AM by serenity_flower https://ift.tt/2o20Fa2
My sister (F22) has become supervisor in my workplace and I (F24) am having a hard time coping due to jealousy. How can I fix this? My sister (F22) has become supervisor in my workplace and I (F24) am having a hard time coping due to jealousy. How can I fix this? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.