Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My partners (44M) daughter (10F) is picking up on negative things her mum is saying about me (36F). What should we do?

Hello, my partner and I have been together 2 years now. He has 3 kids (10yo girl, 8yo boy, 6yo boy) and initially they all liked me and were happy to see me.

The relationship between my partner and his ex wife has always been quite strained, his ex wife is very bitter about their breakup. Over the last few months things have deteriorated further between them after he told her and his kids we were planning to move in together at the end of the year. We are working on various options to try and resolve the problems with his ex wife but unfortunately she isn’t on board.

His ex wife has started saying bad things about my partner and I either directly to his 10yo daughter or maybe in her presence and this has resulted in a big change of attitude towards me. She now doesn’t want me around at all.

EG Yesterday we had plans to meet at a local swimming pool, his boys wanted to go and wanted me to come and his daughter wasn’t happy with both the activity and me being there. My partner arranged for her to spend the day with her aunt instead and then his daughter sent him a text saying she doesn’t want to see him anymore.

What should we do? I’m hesitant to bend to the wishes of one child who doesn’t want me around when the other two are happy but also concerned about how this could impact my partners relationship with his daughter. Because of the challenging situation with my partners ex wife, picking up his daughter for some regular one on one time with dad isn’t an option at the moment (unfortunately).

TL;DR Partners 10yo daughter isn’t happy with me being around



Submitted August 04, 2019 at 05:48PM by Kidsq2019 https://ift.tt/2Zxyhdv
My partners (44M) daughter (10F) is picking up on negative things her mum is saying about me (36F). What should we do? My partners (44M) daughter (10F) is picking up on negative things her mum is saying about me (36F). What should we do? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.