Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My husband (31 M) and I (29 F) are having some strange issues

My husband and I have been married two years, and dated two years before that. He's the sweetest guy, and he works as a teacher's aide. Problem is that he's been having some...issues, recently. I wanted to use a throwaway for obvious reasons.

About a year ago, my husband became very involved in meditation (which is something he and I still do together). We found all these Tibetan mantras that ended up really helping with both our stress levels. I really do think it was a big help. but evidently my husband thought there was more he could do to really broaden his horizons while meditating. He eventually came across the idea of creating and developing a tulpa, some sort of a Tibetan manifestation of mental energy, which I fully supported (after all, it's in our own home behind closed doors, and something he believed would help as he interacted with it during meditation). But now I'm beginning to regret my decision supporting this tulpa thing, because at home he has essentially started interacting with it on a daily basis. Every now and then he'll hole himself up in my workroom (I'm a lawyer's aide), telling me he's working, and have these long and drawn out conversations with his tulpa, Adam. He grows very defensive of his tulpa when I try to question it, or call it anything but a living, breathing entity. He told me he's having second thoughts on having children, because his tulpa warned him against it, and every Friday he sets out an extra plate for "Adam" (but doesn't put any food on it). I can live with these things to an extent (maybe not the children thing, I want em and so did he until three weeks ago). But when it crosses over to our sex life, it really disturbs and alienates me. "Adam" participates in whatever we do in bed, and it weirds me out quite a bit. I tell him that it isn't alright with me, and he obliges, but he does the same thing a couple days later.

Small things with his tulpa have been going on for about 10 months, but these weird and alienating things started a month ago. He isn't mentally unstable, does fine in public, and can hold up a conversation perfectly. It's just that it's almost like there's another person, constantly watching us at all times.

What the fuck do I do? Say enough is enough and try to end this madness? Create my own tulpa and go from there? Take him to a shrink ASAP? I'm really balking here guys!

TLDR: My husband, who's normally a rational and lovely person, has lately injected an imaginary friend of sorts into our life and it bugs me just a little bit. Yet he's completely normal in every other activity.

EDIT: It’s about eight in the morning and my dear husband has apparently gone out bright and early with some friends. I wonder if Adam is still at home?



Submitted August 07, 2019 at 12:34AM by yinyangyawn https://ift.tt/33gRNgN
My husband (31 M) and I (29 F) are having some strange issues My husband (31 M) and I (29 F) are having some strange issues Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.